1. My Liberty Family “MLF” is a service arm of Liberty Family Multiservices Limited, a limited liability company registered in Nigeria for the purpose of promoting self employment, entrepreneurship and financial self sufficiency for its participants, also referred to as “family member(s)”. The policies and procedures listed here are intended to be applicable to all members of My Liberty Family (MLF) and by extension Liberty Family Multiservices Limited.
2. Liberty Family Multiservices Limited and My Liberty Family do not believe in and are not intended as a get rich quick scheme or a quick fix scheme for financial freedom. They are not and do not represent themselves as a bank or a banking or financial institution neither do they make any claims to possessing or intending to possess such licence. Participants understand and agree that neither Liberty Family Multiservices Limited nor My Liberty Family “MLF” hold themselves out as anything more than a multi level marketing services scheme promoting self employment, entrepreneurship and financial self sufficiency through the multi level contribution model.
3. A family member is a person who has completed a My Liberty Family membership application/agreement form and has been accepted by Liberty Family Multi services Limited as a family member. MLF reserves the right to accept or reject anyone as a member. Membership/Application fees are non-refundable.
4. MLF members must attain the legal age of 18 years before they can apply for membership.
5. Members are independent and are not to be considered as purchasers of membership. The agreement between MLF and its members does not create an employer/employee relationship, agency, partnership, or joint venture between MLF and the family members. Each family member shall hold harmless MLF from any claims, damages or liabilities arising out of the member’s program activities. MLF members have no authority in any form to bind MLF to anyobligation.
6. The family members shall safeguard and promote the reputation of MLF in their activities and shall refrain from any conduct which might be harmful to the reputation of MLF and any other projects / departments of Liberty Family Multiservices Limited and shall avoid all discourteous, deceptive, misleading, unethical or immoral conduct or practices in the conduct of the family member’s program activities.
7. Any member, who recommends MLF to another member, must fulfill the obligation of performing a bona fide supervisory role in ensuring that the new family member understands MLF activities.
8. Both MLF and members acknowledge that where a member makes referrals, the process could move faster but MLF does not accept liability for the speed of timeouts and remunerations.MLF guarantees that its system generated levels are designed to pay out as members make their contributions but gives no warranty as to time for such payouts or the speed of the same. This is because timing is entirely automated and system generated.
9. MLF members shall not advertise MLF activities except as specifically approved by Liberty Family Multiservices Limited.
10. MLF members agree to make no false or fraudulent representations about MLF.
11. The registration and payment of registration fee by a member entitles such
member to MLF membership package and also the privilege to recommend other potential members.
12. The names “MY LIBERTY FAMILY”, “LIBERTY FAMILY”, “MLF”, and the MLF “LOGO” as registered by Liberty Family Multiservices Limited and other names as may be adopted by Liberty Family Multiservices Limited are proprietary trade names and trademarks of Liberty Family Multiservices Limited. As such, these trademarks are of great value to Liberty Family Multiservices Limited and are supplied to Family members for Family member’s use only in an expressly authorized manner. Family members agree not to advertise MLF in any way other than the advertising and promotional materials made available to members by Liberty Family Multiservices Limited. Family members agree not to use any written, printed, recorded or any other material in advertising, promoting, or describing MLF, or in any other manner, any material which has not been copyrighted and supplied by Liberty Family Multiservices Limited , unless such material has been submitted to Liberty Family Multiservices Limited and approved in writing by Liberty Family Multiservices Limited before being disseminated, published or displayed.
13. A family member, as an independent entity, is fully responsible for all of his/her verbal and written statements made regarding MLF not expressly contained in writing in the current membership agreement, and materials supplied directly by Liberty Family Multiservices Limited.
14. A family member agrees to indemnify Liberty Family Multiservices Limited and hold it harmless from any and all liability including judgments, civil penalties, refunds, attorney’s fees, court costs or losses incurred by Liberty Family Multiservices Limited as a result of such family member’s unauthorized representations of MLF.
15. Liberty Family Multiservices Limited will not permit the use of its copyrights, designs, logos, trade names, trademarks, etc. without its prior written permission.
16. If a family member elects not to renew his/her membership agreement, all his rights ceases.
17. MLF shall be entitled to change activities and programs at any time and without notice, and to make changes in the statement of policy and procedures.
18. Liberty Family Multiservices Limited reserves the exclusive right of the interpretation of the MLF Programs, Services and Compensation plan.
19. On a periodic basis, MLF will supply data and reports to the family member which will provide information to the members concerning each member’s group activities. Each family member agrees that such information is proprietary and confidential to MLF and is transmitted to the family member in confidence. The family member agrees that he or she will not disclose such information to any third party directly or indirectly, nor use the information against MLF directly or indirectly. The family member and MLF agree that, but for this agreement of confidentiality and non disclosure, MLF would not provide the above confidential information to the family member.
20. Upon the death or incapacity of a family member, his or her rights and program position, together with member responsibilities, shall pass to his or her successors in interest upon written application and approval of MLF. The successor member must fulfil all responsibilities of the member.
21. A member may not sell, assign or otherwise transfer his or her membership, or other member rights without written application and approval by Liberty Family Multiservices Limited .
22. Disciplinary Action: where a family member violates either any, all or some of the policies and procedures, the agreement, terms and conditions or carries out any illegal, fraudulent, deceptive, or unethical conduct, MLF reserves the right at its own discretion, to carry out one or more of the following disciplinary actions:
a. Issuance of a written warning or admonition
b. Suspension, which may result in termination or reinstatement with conditions and restrictions.
c. Termination of the member.
23. MLF reserves the right to terminate any membership at any time for cause when it is determined that the member has violated the provisions of these policies and procedures as they may be amended or the provisions of applicable laws and standards of fair dealing. Such involuntary termination shall be made by MLF at its discretion. Upon such termination, MLF shall notify the affected member by mail at the latest address listed with MLF for such member. In the event of a termination, the terminated member agrees to immediately cease representing him/herself as a member.
24. Termination: MLF reserves the right to suspend or terminate the eligibility of any person or member who causes a breach of the peace or demonstrates inappropriate behavior or disorderly conduct; threats to, physical abuse of, or harassment which threatens or endangers the health, safety, or welfare of any member of MLF:
a. When a decision is made to terminate a membership, MLF will inform the member in writing that the membership is terminated immediately, effective as of the date of the written notification and the termination notice will be sent by certified mail to the member’s address on file with MLF.
b. The member will have 10 days from the date of receipt of the certified letter in which to appeal the termination in writing. The member’s appeal correspondence must be received by MLF within 20 days of receipt of MLF’s termination letter. If the appeal is not received within the 20-day period, the termination will be automatically deemed final.
c. If a member files a timely appeal for review of termination, MLF will review and reconsider the termination, consider any other appropriate action, and notify the member of its decision. The decision of MLF will be final and subject to no further review. In the event the termination is not rescinded, the termination will be effective as of the date of MLF’s original termination notice.
25. All family members have the right to recommend others. In addition, every person has the ultimate right to choose who recommends him/her. However, if two members should claim to have recommended the same new member, MLF shall regard the first application received by the corporate home office as controlling.
26. Transfer of Sponsorship: Transfer is rarely permitted and is actively discouraged. Maintaining integrity is absolutely mandatory for the success of the overall My Liberty Family Program.
27. Income Claims: No income claims, income projections nor income representations may be made to prospective members. Any false, deceptive or misleading claims regarding the opportunity or service are prohibited.
28. Representation of Status. In all cases, any reference the member makes to himself/herself must clearly set forth the member’s independent status. For example, if the member has a business telephone, the telephone may not be listed under MLF’s name or in any other manner which does not disclose the independent status of the member.
29. Complimentary Cards and Stationery. Any printed materials, including complimentary cards and stationery, must be approved by MLF in advance. Criteria for approving these materials will include a judgment regarding the quality of the materials as well as properly setting forth the independent status of the member.
30. Telephone Solicitation. The use of MLF’s name or copyrighted materials may not be made with automatic calling devices to solicit members.
31. Press Inquiries. Any inquiries by the media are to be referred immediately to Liberty Family Multiservices Limited. This policy is to assure accuracy and consistent public image.
The company shall not be responsible for delays or failures in its performance or delivery when obligations are made impracticable by circumstances beyond its reasonable control such as strikes, wars, floods, riots, government decrees and orders etc.
These rules and any subsequent updates, reviews and amendments approved by Liberty Family Multiservices Limited Board of Directors shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.